Download Available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Audacity is a digital audio workstation (DAW) that mixes, edits, and records audio. It is a powerful platform to create music. If you are recording a song or giving a voice over to a video, you need audio recording software as a final step. Audacity has the unique ability to mix sounds from multiple sources. There are many different DAWs in the market which have distinct pros and cons. But how does audacity stands out to be the best?
Record live sound and audio
Record live sound and audio playback on a PC.
Easy to Convert music tapes
Convert music tapes and save them to MP3 o CD.
Edit multiple audio formats
Edit multiple audio formats such as MP2, MP3, AIFF, WAV, FLAC.
Download For PC
The best open source app: Audacity
It creates powerful and engaging audio by providing facilities like user-defined settings. It is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other Unix like OS. Audacity is available in 36 languages, usually written in C, C++. This app can also be stored in portable devices like a pen drive and use it any PC whenever they want. Audacity is an award-winning app for the best project for multimedia. A full manual is provided online on how to download audacity.
Many unique features make it the best app out in the market.
- Scrubbing and MIDI playbacks are available.
- Users have access to the time recordings .i.e. when to begin and end the tapes.
- It can undo the audio multiple times.
- Adjusts and manages the sound pitch.
- The audio can be mixed from different sources.
- Uses the Fourier transform algorithm.
- Inbuilt noise reduction and vocal reduction system.
- Supports only 32-bit and 64-bit audio effects
- VST plugins are not compatible.
- It doesn’t have access to real-time impacts and digital equalizer controls.
5 Tips to Get Started with Audacity
Firstly, download the application which is compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, and other Unix like operating systems. Then import the file by selecting file > import. Then click on “R” to start recording. The audios that you record are present in the current track. If you want, you can enter “shift + R” to log on to the new track. You can click the “solo” button if you’re going to hear a single track instead of all the tracks.
- Reduces background noise
Usually, microphone recordings have a buzzing sound. You can remove this by following a necessary procedure. Select the section of the audio where you find the noise. Then go to effects, and you can find a nose removal option. After that, click on get noise profile option and change the recording from the beginning.
- Ability to remove audio from the video
The process of extracting the audio file is simple. You rip off by using FFmpeg and LAME for Audacity. Download the application that is compatible with both Windows and macOS. Then open the video in the app you installed and export the file in MP3 format. Now, you can access the audio folder of your video in Audacity.
- Search on multiple sources to get a good source material
Most of the audience gets attracted to the background music. So the source material you choose should be extra-ordinary as it is too expensive to clean up an audio file.
Amplifying your tracks is a fundamental feature found in Audacity. Many of them download audacity only to increase their audio. So it is handy for the users who have devices with low capture volume.
Changing the pitch of your voice is very easy. Select an audio track; go to effects, and select change pitch. To increase or decrease the frequency of the sound, move the slider or you can also add positive and negative values. The sound will be profound if you prefer a low rate, and the sound will be shriek if you prefer a high rate.
Why should we use Audacity?
One of the amazing features of this audio editing tool is that you can seamlessly work your project files within Windows, Linux, or Mac. It is developed to work on detailed audio projects which are longer than an hour in length. It is consistent and solid to preserve under high processor loads and disk usage. Even though it cannot record MIDI, it can still import MIDI files and edit them quickly as it is being under development.
It is a very easy method to install the Audacity software into your system.
- Download the newest version of this software.
- Continue by admitting the steps for downloading the software
- Next, choose your preferred language
- After that choose the information and destination of the file.
How This Technology Will Help You In Career Growth?
The power of music can be used to elevate your career. Those days are gone for investing expensive audio Software’s. It offers professional-quality recording capabilities and audio editing for you. If you are eager about sound effects and audio editing, It is the tool for you. You can mold your career to being sound editor in the television or movie industry. You can raise your career by producing professional-grade music, effects, and dialogues for production.
Using the features of it, you can shape and edit the background score and other effects magnifying the overall tone of the movie/series. You will also have the chance to learn more by working closely and collaborating with directors throughout the post-production stage.
Is Audacity good for music production among free software?
Suppose you have a narration track, a music track, and some sound effects that you want to transform into a mixed soundtrack. In that case, professionals like us will suggest you use it without any confusion, the best audio editing software.
How To Use Audacity Creatively?
Audacity, a trendy name among music enthusiasts to record, mix or edit audios. So far, we all knew this fantastic software only for its primary uses. But do you know it can be used to bring more creativity out of it?
Up and above it, being an audio editor, you can learn here how to use Audacity creatively on any of the devices.
- Capture Your Thoughts Instantly: Whether you are a writer or a musician, you can anytime use Audacity to record and save your story ideas or lyrics that hit your mind.
- Use Audacity For Custom Ringtones: Yes, yonder using Audacity for producing and editing music, you can utilize it for originating some custom ringtones as well.
- Create Podcasts Or Radio Shows: You can use it for creating your own radio or podcast shows.
- Record A Speech Or Presentation: You can record your presentation practice before doing it to live and listen to it to ensure it is good to go.
- Record A Multitrack Music: This is the most apparent use of Audacity wherein you get an opportunity to record a song with multi-tacks.
- Use It To Produce A Radio Advert Or Voiceover: For those who have excellent writing and voice skills can create small radio adverts or a voice over for your short films or videos.
Is Audacity is DAW or not?
We would like to introduce it to you as a DAW. At the same time, it is a mighty and free sound/audio editor and open source. It is also a multitrack recorder.
We personally use Audacity for “pre” editing certain files such as song vocal parts or samples before importing those into our DAW.
How do I record on Audacity without a microphone?
Do not worry if your device does not have a microphone; Audacity software supports file formats like Wav, AIFF, PCM, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP2, and MP3 so, you can record audio on another device and import your file from that device into your Audacity Program.
How do I remove the echo when recording audio with Audacity?
You can do it by Go to control panel>sound and turn off enhancements for recording. You need to be using a headset with a mic or an external mic with a separate headset or even earbuds to listen to. You can also amplify later from the effects menu.